Rules of SBP
If you are uncertain of any rule, please contact me prior to the pageant to discuss. These rules are set by me based on how I want to run my pageant system.
Please see images below of items I find acceptable and not acceptable.
- This is a natural and semi-glitz pageant only.
Natural: Come as you are... department store clothing, no special hair-do's and no makeup
Semi-Glitz: Pageant style clothing, such as Flower Girl style or School Formal, minimal stones/beading, fancy hair-do's and age appropriate makeup.
- Beauty wear attire will consist of Off the Rack Sunday Best, Easter wear, Flower girl or Formal style. This means you are to wear it as is from the store and not add embellishments to it. NO stoned/beaded cupcake dresses will be allowed. Tutu dresses are acceptable, as well as floor length formal dresses. Any dress that has sparkles or sequins on it off the rack (such as a formal from Kohl's, Macy's, JCPenney, etc) is acceptable. I will have examples of acceptable dresses on my website and as always, PLEASE text or email a photo of any dress you have questions about.
- Theme wear can be off the rack or custom made but must still follow the minimal stoned/beaded rules as always. Midriffs are NOT acceptable over the age of 5 years. Children should look their age! Please do not put them in something that you would not allow them to wear in public on any given day.
- OOC/Talent wear may be any type of clothing as this is an OPTIONAL category and does not count towards your overall scores. Swimsuits MUST be one piece on any contestant over the age of 5 years of age.
- Absolutely NO fake hair pieces will be allowed unless it is medically necessary or due to ethnic culture. In the event that we have a Theme that allows for wigs or hair pieces, such as Rock n’ Roll, 50’s style, etc. then I will make a note for that specific pageant in the paperwork.
- NO fake teeth, eyelashes or tans will be allowed.
- Finger nails, finger nail polish and jewelry are allowed.
- Makeup is age appropriate. Face powder for shine or blemishes (same as skin color), mascara and clear lip gloss are acceptable. Finger nail polish and nails are acceptable as those are not scored on and do not take away from your facial beauty. Absolutely NO colored eye shadow, no eyeliner and no colored lipstick. You WILL be deducted points if you disobey the rules!
- Absolutely NO fake tans or fake teeth!
- IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ANYTHING, PLEASE TEXT OR EMAIL PHOTOS!
Music & Dance
- Custom music is allowed for Theme and Outfit of Choice/Talent ONLY as long as it is appropriate. No foul language or explicit lyrics.You MUST bring your own CD Player and you will be respondsible for playing the music. It is too time consuming for me to start and stop/change cd's after each contestant.
- Routines are acceptable with props. I enjoy seeing them and the creativity behind them. They are NOT required. You may have a routine if it makes you comfortable on stage. You do NOT have to practice or have set routines to enter the pageant. This is at your discretion. My personal preference for this system is not to see “national/ glitz” facial expressions (batting the eyes and puckering the lips) over the age of 5 years old. It is cute on a little kid but it is over the top on older ones. Judges can deduct points if they feel it is excessive.
- We prefer the contestants to be as natural as possible on stage. Often times the child is more focused on watching the parent than looking at the judges, so please do not act out your child's routines over the age of 4! IT IS ACCEPTABLE for you to remind your child to smile or to walk to the next X.
- Cartwheels, walkovers, back bends and splits are ok for OOC/ talent, but no other gymnastics PLEASE.
- 0 to 11 months
- 12 to 23 months
- 2 to 3 years
- 4 to 5 years
- 6 to 8 years
- 9 to 12 years
- 13 to 16years
** The director reserves the right to and will modify age groups if necessary.
What to expect on Pageant Day
What to expect on pageant day....
What You Will Need
Beauty Wear Outfit
Theme Wear Outfit
*Photo if participating in photogenic
Outfit of Choice if participating in OOC
What To Expect
Beauty Wear is first, then Theme.
Outfit of Choice/Talent will be after Theme.
Each contestant will get 1 minute 30 seconds for each category.
Each age group will be called up one at a time. Each contestant will be announced individually. Contestants will enter from the left side of the stage and exit the right side.
A dressing room will be provided. NO MEN are allowed in the dressing room at any time. Boys over the age of 5 are asked to use the restroom as their dressing room.
Once your child has finished beauty wear, they can prepare for theme or continue watching until beauty is complete. There will be a 10 minute break between beauty and theme. As your child is finished and exits the stage, you may return to the dressing room to prepare for the next category. This will allow the day to move much faster.
Please allow at least 3 hours per pageant from beginning to end. This time will vary based on the amount of contestants attending.
Crowning will begin after all categories have finished. You may change back in to Beauty Wear, remain in Theme or OOC Wear or any other outfit you choose for crowning.
Optional Stage Event to be paid at the door
- Outfit of Choice OR Talent (choose 1) $10 - This is anything goes but plese keep it semi-glitz
- OOC & Talent is awarded separately and there will be an Overall Outfit of Choice Winner, Overall Talent Winner and 1st Place OOC and Talent winner.
- Overall Photogenic $10 – These can be full body, snapshot, head shot, etc. * Photogenic will NOT count towards your overall combined score . The Overall Photogenic score will be based ONLY on your photo. You may submit a total of 3 photos. COMPOSITE PHOTOS WILL COUNT AS 3 PHOTOS and will be the ONLY photo allowed to be submitted. This WILL be double crowned!
- Overall Personality $10 - This is based soley on your child's Personality score. This WILL be double crowned! Personality IS scored for everyone during the pageant. This award is for the contestant with the HIGHEST score that chooses to enter for the award.
- ***Take advantage of the Optional special and do all 3 events for $25!
Scoring, Crowning & Awards
Scoring, Crowning & Awards
Everyone will receive a Crown and Trophy. Trophy sizes will be modified based on number of contestants.
Sashes will be given to all Supreme titles. I will make every effort to have these be custom sashes. Please note that my vendors may not always be able to fulfill my order.
Beauty is judged on Natural Beauty, Stage Presence & Overall Impression.
Theme is judged on Creativity, Personality & Overall Impression.
Total per judge = 50 points each
Photos will NO LONGER be compiled towards your Total Score. There will be an Overall Photogenic Title and this will be the contestant with the highest photo score. This WILL be double crowned!
Photos are judged on Natural Beauty, Photogenic Ability, Captivating & Expression.
Score sheets are available by email only. I must receive your request within 3 days. After that, score sheets are discarded. It is very hectic and time consuming after a pageant with clean-up and time restraints by the location to pass out sheets. Also, we now print multiple contestants on one sheet which saves cost on paper! I hope you all understand that this will be a more efficient for me.
We begin crowning with the youngest age group first and so-on. If your name is NOT called during your division for Queen, you have pulled for a higher title. We will crown a Beauty Queen & Theme Queen (unless there is ony 1 contestant) in each group. I DO NOT DOUBLE CROWN THE MAIN TITLES.
- Directors Choice award will be given to any contestant chosen by the directors.
- Overall Theme Wear (Highest Theme Score)
- Overall Most Beautiful (Highest Beauty Score)
- Overall Queen Supreme (Highest Combined Beauty & Theme Score)
- 2 Mini Supreme
- 2 Grand Supreme
- 2 Ultimate Grand Supreme
Package is only $65 for boys.
Beauty wear can be khaki's and a nice button up or polo shirt, vest, nice slacks or a suit.
- Prince / King
- Overall Theme Wear
- Overall Most Handsome
- King Supreme *
- 1 Mini Supreme**
- 1 Grand Supreme***
* Given with 3 or more boys
** Given with 4 or more boys
*** Given with 5 or more boys
Pageant Checklist....a must have for mom's!
Here is a pageant checklist that will be useful to you for pageants, either local or overnight. Please feel free to email us with any additional items you feel should be listed on here.
- Beauty Wear accessories
- Theme Wear accessories
- Bobby Pins
- Hair Barrettes
- Brush / Comb
- Curling Iron
- Blow Dryer
- Toothbrush / Toothpaste
- Shampoo / Conditioner
- Cotton Balls
- Nail Polish
- Nail Polish Remover
- Perfume / Body Spray
- Hand Sanitizer
- Makeup (Mascara, Blush, Lip Gloss)
- Sewing Kit
- Aspirin / Ibuprofen
- Safety pins
- Baby wipes
- Props for Talent/Theme
Not Acceptable Items